Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 6-12, 2012

Alas! No Pictures! As we were boarding the plane to come home from Amarillo we realized we left the camera in the realtor's car!  I can't show you any pictures this week so I'll just have to describe them. One of my favorites was a picture of Tyson and Hannah wrestling.  They were check to check, staring each other down. Another of my favorite pictures was of the sunrise in the Palo Duro Canyon, about 30 min from Amarillo. It's the second largest canyon in the US.  On Saturday morning we ran by it while the sun rose.  



February 12, 2012
 Reading with Dad and the bear.

Giddy Up!



February 10, 2012
                                                                             
All day Friday we were at Northwest Texas Healthcare interviewing and touring the facility.  At noon I came to have lunch with the staff and supervisor.  After lunch the supervisor insisted I stay and she gave me a personal tour while Tyson watched a swallowing eval. The hospital is almost exactly the same size as UVRMC and will give Tyson the opportunity to work in BOTH acute and outpatient care.  He'll even get to help build the voice program! The city of Amarillo has about the same population as SLC, but is stretched out much more.  The people are VERY friendly and warm. 




February 9, 2012


This picture survived b/c we used the cell phone to take it.  It's one of the first things we saw when we got off the plane in Amarillo. I had to look closer at it because I didn't believe it at first. I've NEVER seen advertising for cattle feed before! But now I have :) Later that evening as we were driving around downtown Amarillo we saw a HUGE truck full of hay rolls barreling through an intersection, smack dab in the middle of the banks and skyscrapers. Welcome to Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment